At our restaurant, we are committed to providing you with the best dining experience in the province of Ontario. With a rich cultural and culinary history, Ontario has some of the best diners and restaurants in the world. Whether you’re a local or a tourist, there is no shortage of amazing places to eat in Ontario. We have put together a comprehensive list of the best diners and restaurants in the province, organized by cities. Here are some of our top picks:
Ottawa, the capital city of Canada, has a vibrant food scene with plenty of amazing restaurants to choose from. Whether you’re in the mood for fine dining or casual eats, there is something for everyone in Ottawa. Here are some of the top restaurants in Ottawa that you shouldn’t miss:
- The Whalesbone: This popular seafood spot offers a range of fresh oysters, seafood dishes, and cocktails in a cozy atmosphere. With a focus on sustainable seafood, The Whalesbone is a must-visit for seafood lovers.
- Play Food & Wine: This trendy restaurant in the ByWard Market offers a modern take on classic dishes, with a menu featuring small plates and a great wine selection. The cozy atmosphere and exceptional food make it a favorite among locals and tourists alike.
- El Camino: This Latin-inspired restaurant offers a unique dining experience, with a menu featuring tacos, ceviche, and cocktails. The casual setting and lively atmosphere make it a great spot for a night out with friends.
- The Scone Witch: This charming bakery in the ByWard Market offers a range of delicious scones, sandwiches, and salads for breakfast and lunch. With a cozy atmosphere and friendly staff, it’s a great spot to grab a bite and relax.
- Wilf & Ada’s: This popular breakfast spot in the Glebe offers a range of delicious breakfast options, including pancakes, waffles, and eggs benedict. With a cozy atmosphere and excellent service, it’s a great spot to start your day.
- The Grand: Located in the historic ByWard Market, The Grand offers a range of delicious brunch options, including a popular Sunday brunch buffet. With an elegant atmosphere and exceptional food, it’s a great spot for a special occasion.
In addition to these restaurants, Ottawa is also known for its craft beer scene. Some of the best breweries in Ottawa include Beyond the Pale Brewing Company, Dominion City Brewing Co., and Big Rig Brewery. These breweries offer a range of craft beers and have become popular destinations for beer lovers.
Kingston, located on the shores of Lake Ontario, is a historic city in Ontario with a thriving food scene. With a mix of traditional Canadian cuisine and international flavors, Kingston has something for everyone. Here are some of the top restaurants in Kingston that you shouldn’t miss:
- Chez Piggy: This iconic restaurant has been a favorite among locals and tourists for over 40 years. Chez Piggy offers a range of classic dishes, including roasted chicken, steak frites, and seafood, in a cozy and intimate setting. With a great wine selection and exceptional service, Chez Piggy is a must-visit for food lovers.
- AquaTerra: Located in the Delta Kingston Waterfront Hotel, AquaTerra offers a range of delicious dishes, with a focus on fresh and locally sourced ingredients. The menu features a mix of classic and modern cuisine, with dishes like duck confit and roasted beet salad. With a beautiful view of the waterfront and exceptional service, AquaTerra is perfect for a special occasion.
- Tango Nuevo: This Latin-inspired restaurant offers a unique dining experience, with a menu featuring ceviche, empanadas, and grilled meats. With a cozy and lively atmosphere and exceptional food, Tango Nuevo is a favorite among locals and tourists alike.
- Dianne’s Fish Shack & Smokehouse: This casual eatery offers a range of seafood dishes, including fish tacos, lobster rolls, and oysters. With a beachy atmosphere and great drinks selection, Dianne’s is a great spot for a casual dinner or lunch.
- Windmills Cafe: This cozy cafe offers a range of delicious breakfast and lunch options, including homemade baked goods and sandwiches. With a welcoming atmosphere and friendly staff, Windmills is a favorite among locals.
Toronto has a diverse food scene with some of the best restaurants in Canada, serving a wide range of cuisines to cater to all tastes and budgets. Here are some top picks not to be missed:
- Movenpick Toronto Restaurant (closed): Known for its Swiss-inspired cuisine, chocolate desserts, and ice cream, this was one of the most romantic restaurants in Toronto.
- Marche Toronto (closed): Located in the Financial District, this market-style restaurant offers fresh seafood, pizza, pasta, sushi, and more in a casual setting.
- Richtree Square One: This farm-to-table restaurant in Square One Shopping Centre offers locally sourced, healthy, and sustainable options, with an open-concept kitchen and indoor garden.
- The Market Place Restaurant: Located in the historic St. Lawrence Market, this restaurant offers classic Canadian dishes like poutine and maple-glazed salmon, perfect for a bite while exploring the market.
- Top Toronto Restaurants: Alo Restaurant, Canoe, and Jacobs & Co. Steakhouse are among the best fine dining restaurants in Toronto, known for exceptional food and service.
- Best Toronto Downtown Restaurants: Byblos, George Restaurant, and Canoe are some of the top picks for dining in the city’s downtown core.
- Best Restaurants Toronto Canada: Alo Restaurant, Edulis, and La Banane offer unique dining experiences and exceptional food and service.
- Top Restaurants Downtown Toronto: Aloette, Buca Osteria & Bar, and Canoe are some of the best restaurants in downtown Toronto.
- Restaurants in the Market: Buster’s Sea Cove, Carousel Bakery, and Kozlik’s Mustard are some of the best eateries in the St. Lawrence Market.
- Ontario Restaurants: From fine dining to casual eats, Ontario has a diverse food scene, with Langdon Hall, The Restaurant at Pearl Morissette, and Edulis among the best restaurants in the province.
Hamilton is a vibrant city located in Southern Ontario, known for its beautiful waterfront and thriving food scene. With a mix of traditional Canadian cuisine and international flavors, Hamilton has something for everyone. Here are some of the top restaurants in Hamilton that you shouldn’t miss:
- The Burnt Tongue: This popular restaurant offers a range of delicious soups, sandwiches, and fries. With a cozy atmosphere and excellent service, The Burnt Tongue is a must-visit for comfort food lovers.
- Mezcal Tacos & Tequila: This Mexican-inspired restaurant offers a range of delicious tacos, quesadillas, and cocktails. With a fun and lively atmosphere and exceptional food, Mezcal is a favorite among locals and tourists alike.
- Mattson & Co.: This trendy restaurant in the heart of downtown Hamilton offers a range of delicious dishes, with a focus on fresh and locally sourced ingredients. The menu features a mix of classic and modern cuisine, with dishes like smoked duck breast and beef tartare. With a great drink selection and beautiful atmosphere, Mattson & Co. is perfect for a special occasion.
- Nique Restaurant: This popular restaurant offers a range of dishes, with a focus on comfort food and Southern-inspired cuisine. The menu features items like fried chicken and waffles, and mac and cheese. With a cozy atmosphere and great drink selection, Nique is a great spot for a casual dinner or lunch.
- Earth to Table: This farm-to-table restaurant offers a unique dining experience, with a menu featuring locally sourced ingredients and sustainable options. The cozy atmosphere and exceptional food make it a favorite among food lovers in Hamilton.
How to Pick the Best Restaurant in Ontario
Picking the best diners and restaurants in the Province of Ontario can be a daunting task, especially with so many options to choose from. Here are some tips to help you make the most informed decision:
- Read reviews: Check out online reviews on websites like TripAdvisor, Yelp, or Google Reviews to see what other diners are saying about a particular restaurant. Pay attention to comments about the quality of food, service, and overall experience.
- Consider the cuisine: Ontario has a diverse food scene, with a wide range of cuisines available. Think about what type of food you’re in the mood for and look for restaurants that specialize in that cuisine.
- Check the menu: Once you’ve narrowed down your options, take a look at the menu to see if it offers dishes that appeal to your taste buds. Many restaurants now have their menus available online, so you can peruse the options before you even arrive.
- Look for local options: Ontario has a strong farm-to-table movement, and many restaurants pride themselves on using locally sourced ingredients. Look for restaurants that offer local and seasonal options on their menus.
- Consider the atmosphere: The atmosphere of a restaurant can make or break your dining experience. Consider whether you want a cozy and intimate setting, or a lively and energetic vibe.
- Check for special events: Many restaurants in Ontario offer special events, like wine tastings or chef’s tables. Check the restaurant’s website or social media pages to see if there are any upcoming events that interest you.
- Ask for recommendations: If you’re visiting a new city in Ontario, ask locals or hotel staff for recommendations. They may have insider knowledge of hidden gems that aren’t as well-known to tourists.